Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day #5: One Step at a Time…(Bonus)

Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realize that you are all alone in the forest...





Bonus Activity: You and your tour group have enjoyed your day in the mountains but you’re ready for a change of scenery. You ask Curious Kiwi to take you to Central Otago, a region of the south island with lots of rolling hills and flat, brown grasslands. While in Central Otago, you decide to join the Otago Central Rail Trail – a 150 km long cycle trail. Curious Kiwi and I (Rachel) cycled the Rail Trail in April and we loved it!

On your blog, tell us whether you would like to cycle the Otago Rail Trail one day. Does it sound like fun? Why or why not

No, I wouldn't want to cycle the trail because I'm afraid the bridge might collapse, I'm afraid of heights, I might get hurt and the trail is just too long.

 C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Rach Rail Trail.jpg


4 comments:

  1. Hi Charis,
    I like how you put your reasons why you don't want to go,
    but can you please make your reasons and sentences specific please,
    but besides that your doing absolutely great!

    Regards,
    Lusia Pahulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charis,

    I agree with Lusia. Could you also please include the question and a heading. It is unclear for the person reading what you are talking about.

    I'm interested to know what the photo is about, where it is, what the people are doing and why you don't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lusia and Mrs. Middleton
      I will try to fix up my mistakes and Next Time I will sure to keep that in mind.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Charis, I have read what you fixed and that makes a lot more sense now. I would also be nervous riding over that bridge.

      Well done and keep blogging and checking :)

      Delete